LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 126 out of 311 pages.

The Last Firewall - William Hertling

Have I beaten my reading slump? I really hope so. This is the most I've read in one day for the past couple weeks.

The AIs have mostly been in the background, and now we finally have a few with more prominent roles. So far, I'm not thrilled about Adam. Quite frankly, Yori was creepier (also, no wonder Yori's reputation score is in the toilet). Shizoko has potential. I probably shouldn't have been amused by the scene where he performed surgery, but I was.

My biggest problem right now is with Cat, one of the book's main human characters. She essentially

raped a guy. He stormed out afterward, and all she can think is that it's not fair that he's so angry, considering that she'd been willing to let him tie her up. The difference is that she consented to being tied up. What she did to him, he didn't consent to.

(show spoiler)

By the way, what kind of idiot decides that going out for drinks and a one-night-stand is a good thing to do when you're on the run?