LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Robert I. Sutton
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

A (mostly) clean slate

Self-Reference ENGINE - Toh Enjoe Blood+ Volume 1: First Kiss (Novel) (v. 1) - Ryo Ikehata Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan  Cain The Dry - Rebecca Nolen

I leave in three days, and there's no way I'm going to finish my library books before then and get all the stuff on my To Do list done. I've also decided to clean off most of the other stuff on my "currently reading" list. That just leaves The Last Firewall.

Self-Reference ENGINE - Toh Enjoe - I made it to page 49 out of 341. I never got far enough in to say whether it's weird-good or weird-bad, so I'd like to give it another go later.

Blood+ Volume 1: First Kiss (Novel) (v. 1) - Ryo Ikehata - I made it to page 78 out of 354. This book was...not good. And yet, I'd still like to finish it as some point, if only because it's in my Japanese light novel collection.

Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan Cain - I made it to page 104 out of 333 (271, if you don't count the index and notes). It's very readable, but I'm not a nonfiction person. I haven't actually touched it in weeks.

The Dry - Rebecca Nolen - I made it to the 15% point. I feel bad about this one, because I won it in a BookLikes giveaway. This is the second time I've started it, and the second time I quit. I've never gotten far enough in to say whether it's good or bad. I just need to read it at the right time, I guess. This was not the right time.