LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Dark Victorian: Risen Volume One
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Vacation reading (and watching)

Assuming I haven't counted wrong, I read 44 manga volumes and finished two books.

Manga:

• Attack on Titan (vols. 3-4)
  • Attack on Titan: No Regrets (vol. 1)
  • Chi's Sweet Home (vols. 9-10)
  • Durarara!! (vols. 1-4)
  • Kobato (vols. 1-5)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster (vols. 1-2, 5-18)
  • Naruto (vols. 51-54)
  • No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular (vol. 1)
  • Pandora Hearts (vols. 1-3)
  • Skip Beat! (vols. 31-32)
  • Soulless: The Manga (vol. 1)
  • The Story of Saiunkoku (vols 7-9)

Books:

• The Last Firewall by William Hertling
  • Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
  • I also started, but haven't yet finished, C.J. Cherryh's The Pride of Chanur and Rosie Claverton's Binary Witness.

My most enjoyable vacation read was Skip Beat!, followed by Monster. My least enjoyable read, hands down, was No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular.

I also had some time for TV and movie watching:

• Noragami – In case I don't get around to reviewing this: I enjoyed it. Hiyori was a boring character, but I enjoyed Yato and the world in general. The anime ends on a mostly satisfying note, but I'd still love another season. I plan to read the manga at some point.
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past – Time travel stuff is always iffy for me, and this one didn't really work for me. This entire movie is basically just a way to erase the horribleness that was the third X-Men movie.
  • My dad and I also watched a little bit of Samurai Flamenco (abandoned because one of the main characters' naivete was embarrassing to watch) and Ghost Hunt.

Here's hoping my review posts don't take the whole month to finish.

Source: http://familiardiversions.blogspot.com/2014/11/vacation-reading-and-watching.html