LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

This is a completely non-bookish post, but I was wondering, am I the only one who hates it when someone asks whether so-and-so looks like maybe they're pregnant? I know that the asker usually means well and is excited at the prospect of a baby and whatnot, but 1) I don't like speculating about whether someone is in the early stages of pregnancy because I consider that to be a private thing that a person can choose to share or not and 2) if they're just gaining weight, the speculation feels rude.

However, I don't have the warm fuzzy feeling about other people's babies that so many people seem to have, so maybe I'm just odd. All this popped into my head as I was remembering someone people had speculated about, who actually turned out not to be pregnant.