LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Fall Into Darkness
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Kobato (manga, vol. 2) presented by CLAMP, translated by William Flanagan

Kobato, Vol. 02 - CLAMP

Kobato works for a run-down kindergarten and tries to heal wounded hearts while she's at it. She finds out that Sayaka, the kindergarten's principal, is in debt, so she helps hold a bazaar to try to pay it off, not realizing that the debt is too great for such a little thing to truly accomplish much.

I liked this volume better than the first. CLAMP went a bit lighter with the cameos, and Kobato was so genuinely sweet that I decided I could be okay with her clumsiness and stupidity. I'm not sure how I feel about Sayaka (the principal) and Fujimoto (sort of Sayaka's helper, a family-less loner). I did love how, after Fujimoto told Kobato off for taking on a kitten she couldn't care for and would probably have to abandon, Kobato worked hard to find a home for it. Also, I liked Kobato's conversation with the little boy whose parents were divorced.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)