LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 11 out of 459 pages.

Sea of Shadow - Fuyumi Ono, 小野 不由美, Akihiro Yamada, 山田 章博, Elye J. Alexander, Alexander O. Smith

"You know, it's very important for girls to be tidy," her mother said as she poured a cup of coffee. "Don't stand out. Don't cause trouble. Even if it's not your fault, people will think you're trying to rebel or something. They'll get the wrong idea about what kind of person you are."

Rereading this. It didn't excite me much the first time around, but I fell more in love with the world after reading the second book and seeing the anime. It'll be interesting to see what I think about it now, years later.

The nice thing about this quote is knowing that Yoko becomes a strong, amazing ruler later on. Be tidy, don't stand out, don't cause trouble? Ha!