LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Skip Beat! (manga, vol. 31) by Yoshiki Nakamura, translated by Tomo Kimura

Skip Beat!, Vol. 31 - Yoshiki Nakamura

The dark stuff with Ren was only mildly interesting to me, but I loved the fluffy bit with Ren, Kijima, and Kyoko at the end. It's always fun watching Yashiro freak out about Ren and Kyoko's possible relationship drama – he tends to be more on edge about their semi-relationship than they are. I finished the volume wondering whether Ren would be jealous of Kyoko and Kijima's email exchange, or whether Kyoko would mention her excitement at receiving a “girly” email and Ren would just accept it, similar to what happened during (I think) the Valentine's Day portion of the series.

Another one for the “this series can be so adorable sometimes” list: Ren setting up caller ID for himself and requesting that the agency do so as well, just so that Kyoko could safely ignore all calls without caller ID (like, for instance, Sho's).

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)