LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Haunting of Hill House
L. Rowyn
Progress: 179/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

The Story of Saiunkoku (manga, vol. 8) art by Kairi Yura, story by Sai Yukino, translated by Su Mon Han

The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 8 - Kairi Yura, Sai Yukino

Those still reading this series for the romance are going to be sorely disappointed. Because I'd seen the anime, I knew it was coming. I honestly have no idea if we'll get to come back to the romance at the end of the series, or if Ryuki will just give up at some point. I think Shurei will be fine – it's Ryuki I'm worried about.

The efforts to defend Shurei were nice. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about Official Ro bullying Shurei and Eigetsu because he felt they had the most promise out of all the new civil servants. However, it was kind of sweet that he was the one leaving snacks for them. I had thought maybe Shurei's dad was arranging all of that.

The politics in this volume was nice and a little twisty, although the stuff about the ring and Sa Province confused me a little.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)