LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Who?
Progress: 448/553 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Durarara!! (manga, vol. 2) creator Ryohgo Narita, art by Akiyo Satorigi, translated by Stephen Paul

Durarara!!, Volume 2 - Ryohgo Narita, 成田 良悟, Akiyo Satorigi, 茶鳥木 明代

The cast list in this volume includes 15 characters. That's a lot of characters to follow. While I found this volume to be a bit more interesting than the first one, it was still confusing and kind of screwed up. For example, we have Shinra. Given a choice between a declaration of love from Celty and a chance to vivisect her, I honestly don't know which option he'd go for. Then there's Seiji's sister, whose love for her younger brother has a definite incestuous bent. Seiji's got his own issues – the person he currently loves the most isn't a person at all, but rather just a head.

There's a bit of stalker humor in this volume. Anri, the girl Mikado likes, had a friend who tended to fixate on guys and stalk them. Seiji was one of her victims. On the plus side, I don't think it was presented positively. Everyone seemed to recognize that Stalker Girl's behavior wasn't healthy. On the minus side, no one tried to stop her.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)