LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Durarara!! (manga, vol. 3) creator Ryohgo Narita, art by Akiyo Satorigi, translated by Stephen Paul

Durarara!! 3 - Ryohgo Narita, Suzuhito Yasuda, Akiyo Satorigi

This volume is craziness. It also turns

Mikado, the naive country boy, into some kind of powerful and intelligent mastermind. How does Izaya fit into this, and what does he want from Mikado?

(show spoiler)

I enjoyed Shizuo's appearance in this volume, and that, in the midst of all this general craziness, he was at least sane enough to realize that a guy who says he loves a girl (er, girl's head) but doesn't know her name is probably cracked.

This was the volume when I realized that the series might end up skipping over many of the characters that the anime had covered in more depth. I was disappointed, because, quite frankly, I have zero interest in Mikado. I'd prefer to see more Shizuo and Izaya doing battle, or even more Celty and Shinra.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)