LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Daughter of Mystery
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 251/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

An end is in sight

I'm three and a half reviews away from being done with all my Naoki Urasawa's Monster reviews. At this rate, the whole thing is going to be seven single-spaced pages in Word. But I'll finally be done, yay!

A few general things I've been noticing as I've been working my way through my notes:

• Urasawa's Germany is itty bitty. I'm sure you could point to anyone on the street and play Six Degrees of Johan, easy.
  • I can't follow the timeline of Johan's life any better while writing out my reviews than I could while reading the manga.
  • This seems to be one of those series I liked more while reading it than I do while reviewing it. The many, many coincidences are painfully obvious now. But I'm leaving my star ratings as they are, because this series really was quite a ride while I was in the thick of it.

This is one that I'm for sure going to space out and schedule, because 16 posts is way too much all at once.