LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
Vintage: A Ghost Story
Berman, Steve, Steve Berman
Progress: 75/154 pages
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Naoki Urasawa's Monster (manga, vol. 5) translated by Hirotaka Kakiya

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 5: After the Carnival - Naoki Urasawa, 浦沢 直樹, Hirotaka Kakiya

I have decided that Lunge is creepy – willing to let a known killer go in order to go after Tenma. He reminds me a bit of L from Death Note. Anyway, both Lunge and the criminal psychologist assume the “Johan” is just another personality of Tenma's, and not a real, separate person. The bit at the end of the volume, when Lunge screwed up, was a shock.

This volume meandered a bit, but was still good. Tenma got less page-time than I would have liked. I appreciated that Tenma was able to win the trust of his criminal psychologist colleague – it shows that there's at least a chance he can convince people like Lunge to work with him, rather than against him. Nina goes after one of her parents' killers, not for revenge, but rather to help Tenma prove his innocence, not realizing that that's not his goal.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)