LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Blue Sword
Recorded Books LLC, Diane Warren, Robin McKinley
Progress: 73/735 minutes
Daughter of Mystery
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 251/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Naoki Urasawa's Monster (manga, vol. 8) translated by Juri Nozaki

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8: My Nameless Hero - Naoki Urasawa, 浦沢 直樹, Juri Nozaki

The story is back to feeling a bit scattered. I'm worried for Tenma and what his goal, if he can accomplish it, will do to him. I wonder about Johan and that picture book. What Johan is inspiring those kids to do is pretty chilling – they look up to him, and it gets them either hurt or killed. It's also a wonder that no one has put two and two together yet, although people do have a tendency to see only what they want to see, and Johan is really good at projecting trustworthiness.

I still love this series' artwork. I'm too used to reading series where, if you swapped characters' clothing and hairstyles, they would often be indistinguishable from each other. That's usually not the case in this series, although the list of characters grows so huge that there do end up being a few look-alikes here and there.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)