LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Naoki Urasawa's Monster (manga, vol. 8) translated by Juri Nozaki

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8: My Nameless Hero - Naoki Urasawa, 浦沢 直樹, Juri Nozaki

The story is back to feeling a bit scattered. I'm worried for Tenma and what his goal, if he can accomplish it, will do to him. I wonder about Johan and that picture book. What Johan is inspiring those kids to do is pretty chilling – they look up to him, and it gets them either hurt or killed. It's also a wonder that no one has put two and two together yet, although people do have a tendency to see only what they want to see, and Johan is really good at projecting trustworthiness.

I still love this series' artwork. I'm too used to reading series where, if you swapped characters' clothing and hairstyles, they would often be indistinguishable from each other. That's usually not the case in this series, although the list of characters grows so huge that there do end up being a few look-alikes here and there.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)