LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 63/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Naoki Urasawa's Monster (manga, vol. 9) translated by Satch Watanabe

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Vol. 9 - Naoki Urasawa, Satch Watanabe

This volume is pretty solid. Also, Naoki Urasawa's Germany is incredibly small. Literally everyone is connected. You can't go anywhere without bumping into someone who's connected to Johan in some way.

I'm glad that Tenma wasn't able to kill Johan, but I suspect he could have, if Nina hadn't stopped him. He seemed pretty focused. I'm sure it would have damaged him, though. I do wonder why Nina didn't kill Johan herself.

And yay, Lunge now knows that Johan is not a figment of Tenma's deranged imagination.

(show spoiler)

Oh, and that picture book is the freakiest thing ever. No wonder hardly anyone knows about it – I wouldn't think many people would want to read something like that to their kids. I suppose it does remind me a little of Der Struwwelpeter or Max und Moritz, but those books dealt with morality and proper behavior, and I don't see that here.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)