LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Naoki Urasawa's Monster (manga, vol. 16) translated by Satch Watanabe (Sigma Six)

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Vol. 16 - Naoki Urasawa, Satch Watanabe

Now we have another person who accidentally helped a monster and feels guilty about the results. Milan

helped Capek, his friend at the time, go to East Germany from Czechoslovakia and feels responsible for the terrible things he then did.

(show spoiler)

This, all of this, is so complex, widespread, and deeply embedded that I don't know if even killing Johan could stop any of it. It's not that the whole world is evil – Tenma keeps coming across good people, too – it's just that this isn't something killing one person could solve. Tenma's efforts seem futile.

So, now we know that Johan and Nina

were intentionally bred as part of some kind of program. That last scene seems like an indicator that it was Nina who came home to find Johan dressed as her, which would fit with my theory that it was Nina at the mansion. I guess Johan was dressing as Nina even back when they were children.

(show spoiler)

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)