LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Pandora Hearts (manga, vol. 2) by Jun Mochizuki, translated by Tomo Kimura

Pandora Hearts: Vol 2 - Jun Mochizuki, Tomo Kimura

The second volume is crammed just as full of events and world and character info as the first. The one part with the young illegal contractor was over so fast that, if you blinked, you missed it, which makes me wonder why Mochizuki even bothered. If the point was to show that illegal contractors were not necessarily evil people right from the start, then it might have been better to incorporate that into the illegal contractor story that starts in the next volume.

Two things I liked: Gil and Oz's friendship, and Break. A portion of this volume expanded upon Gil and Oz's first meeting, Gil becoming Oz's valet, and the two of them renewing their friendship after Oz learns that Raven is Gil. It was all very sweet. Break looks potentially villainous at this point in the series. He can go from smiling and silly to sharp and a little scary in a second.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)