LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Peter Darling
Rowyn Ashby
Progress: 89/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

I did some freebie downloading

Apparently, if I go too long without buying books, I overcompensate by downloading too many freebies. Some of which didn't even have excerpts (on Smashwords - I was too lazy to look elsewhere), so who knows what they're like. At least my willpower with freebies is better than it was when I first got my Nook.

Balanced on the Blade's Edge - Lindsay Buroker - I've seen Lindsay Buroker's stuff recommended several times, so I figured why not?

There Will Be Phlogiston - Alexis Hall - A reviewer I follow liked this. I think it's a later book in a series, though, so I have no clue whether it'll make any sense to me.

Going Shogun - Ernie Lindsey - I'm not a fan of the title, but the excerpt seemed fun. The Smashwords cover is different (and, in my opinion, better) than the one shown here.

Aerisia: Land Beyond the Sunset - Sarah Ashwood - I read some of the excerpt and am not sure the writing will work for me, but the setup kind of reminded me of Yoko's story in Fuyumi Ono's The Twelve Kingdoms series.

XGeneration 1: You Don't Know Me (XGeneration, #1) - Brad Magnarella - To be honest, this looks like X-Men fanfic. I have no idea if it's any good, but I can always decide to abandon it, right?

The Shadow of Black Wings - James Calbraith - No excerpt. I was just downloading stuff by this point. The cover grabbed me.

Clockwork Gold - Jenny Schwartz - Steampunk Australia! I follow Jenny Schwartz here on Booklikes, and she posted that this was free (but not anymore, sorry!). It's the only one of this bunch not from Smashwords, and it's also my very first e-book download from Amazon.