LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Peter Darling
Progress: 89/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Some ridiculous stats for 2014

I always do my "Best" and "Worst" lists early in the next year, if at all, but I figured I could at least look at the easier stats in LibraryThing right now. There's some fun stuff, keeping in mind that about 1/3 of the books I read had no physical data (weight, height, number of pages):

If you stacked all the books I read in the past year, the end result would be higher than Stonehenge.

I could fill up a little over 7 U-Haul boxes, or nearly half a bathtub (LibraryThing's tub must be a lot bigger than mine - I'm jealous).

The books I read in 2014 would equal the weight of 3.59 badgers, 0.008 elephants, 0.00029 blue whales, or $1,131,394 in gold.

If I laid all the pages end-to-end, I'd only make it 0.0006% of the way to the moon.

BookLikes doesn't have much in the way of stats, and nothing that I'd call ridiculous. What it does tell me is that I've managed to read 13 more books than last year, and that October was a good month for me (no surprise - I was on vacation and reading like crazy).