LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Mystic Marriage
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

D:

So I just found out I may need to arrange a flight to Germany really soon, due to a very ill relative. The last time I flew overseas (I live in the US), it was my mom arranging things. I tend to plan and stress over every detail of travel, so this isn't really ideal, but illness doesn't wait for ideal.

I'm not sure what I absolutely have to make sure to do before a flight like this. I checked my passport, and it's still good. My mom said that I could get money from an ATM before I leave and change it when I get to Germany. Besides remembering to bring a packed suitcase, what else would I need?

Anyway, I'm still waiting on more information before talking with my boss and booking a flight. I might get a week of travel planning time, or I might get a few days. I haven't flown overseas in maybe 10 years, so if anyone does it more frequently than that and has some good tips (or a link to a site with good tips), that'd be great. I've already started a couple mental To Do lists. Would you believe I have a dentist appointment and jury duty, all within the next couple weeks?