LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 20/42 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Book packages are the best packages

I got a package the other day! I should save all of this for TBR Thursday, but it's just too beautiful. Everything is in a little pile right now, so that I can flip through them every few hours and get a fresh burst of happiness. The best part is, I'm still expecting one book from my order, so I can look forward to another package in the near future.

Anyway, Right Stuf was having a Yen Press sale, and I went a little crazy. Here's most of it:

The History of the West Wing - Jiayu Sun,Guo Guo - This one looked so lovely when I flipped through it that I couldn't wait, so I've already read and reviewed it.

Another - Yukito Ayatsuji - I'm used to skinny little light novels, so this one turned out to be surprisingly thick. I enjoyed the anime and hope I'll like the book it was based off of at least as much.

Not Love But Delicious Foods - Fumi Yoshinaga - I love Fumi Yoshinaga's stuff, and she does a fabulous job with foodie manga. Even so, I had been dragging my feet over getting this one. It's autobiographical and features reviews of restaurants I'll never be able to try. Yoshinaga's usually really good at character relationships and conveying her deep love of food, so hopefully I'll see that here and it will be enough.

I replaced the cover of that last one, but it's still waiting for BL librarians to look it over and finalize it. (ETA: Murder By Death took care of it! Note: replaced covers on book pages do not automatically update images inserted into posts.) Anyway, it's a trio of volumes in one of my guilty pleasure manga reads, Inu x Boku SS. I really need to get my butt in gear and write more manga reviews.

And, last but definitely not least, a couple things by Kaoru Mori!

A Bride's Story, Vol. 6 - Kaoru Mori - The only volume in this series that I've reviewed so far is volume 1. I need to fix that. I'm terrible at making myself review manga. It's incredibly easy to get really behind.

Kaoru Mori: Anything and Something - Kaoru Mori,森 薫 - Like Yen Press's other Kaoru Mori releases, this is a hardcover. For some reason I thought it'd be much skimpier, so I'm happy. I expect it to be a bit of a mixed bag. There are some shorts and extras featuring characters Mori fans will know and love (including at least one Emma short that I'm fairly certain was previously released in one of CMX's volumes), plus many random short works.