LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Humble Bundle - for lovers

[ETA: I just saw that this expires in 16 hours, so, if my descriptions intrigued you, get it fast.]

[2nd ETA: LOL, I ended up getting it, because I realized one of the games was on my Steam wishlist and that game alone cost more than the entire bundle.]

If I didn't already own many of these games, I'd want this Humble Bundle. Yes, it's games, but, since a lot of these are essentially Choose Your Own Adventure stories, I figured I'd post about it.

Here are the ones I have, plus a bit about them. You can get all of them for only $8:

Long Live the Queen - Basically a Choose Your Own Adventure story, although you get to improve some of the main characters traits and abilities as you go along, making it slightly more game-like than some of the other titles in this bundle. The choices you make either allow you to survive a bit longer, or they result in your death. It's surprisingly fun to play over and over again, which is good, because dying is a very common occurrence.

Analogue: A Hate Story - A visual novel (less game-like than Long Live the Queen). You have to communicate with two different AIs in order to figure out what happened to the final generation on board the space ship. I haven't played this one completely through, but the portion I got through was fascinating. Lots of family drama, plus extremely biased AIs.

Hate Plus - I haven't actually played this one yet, but it's the sequel to Analogue: A Hate Story.

Hatoful Boyfriend - The visual novel in which you romance pigeons. The premise is wacky. If that's not enough for you, there's an underlying mystery that you slowly uncover with each playthrough.