LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

TBR Thursday

Having a lot of unread e-books didn't stop me from getting more.

Song of the Summer King - Jess E. Owen - I've seen the cover of the second book in the series floating around (it's gorgeous), so I had been debating starting the series. When this was briefly made free, I decided to download it. There's a bit of nostalgia at play here - I used to gravitate towards fantasy books with gryphons on the cover when I was a teen.

Rebel (Legend of the Spider-Prince #1) - Margo Ander - My one and only Smashwords "Read an Ebook Week" freebie.

Radiance - Grace Draven - I'm a fan of fantasy romance. I first read about this book on Dear Author, and it sounded right up my alley.

The Parfit Knight - Stella Riley - I keep hearing great things about this book, and I'm curious.

The King's Sword - C. J. Brightley - I first heard about this via the last Indie fantasy Storybundle. This was pretty much the only book out of the whole bundle that I didn't already own and was interested in, so I decided to skip out on the bundle and buy it on its own. The premise kind of reminds me of Nahoko Uehashi's Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, only with a man filling Balsa's role.

Unseemly Pursuits: A Concordia Wells Mystery - K.B. Owen - I liked the first book enough to want to try the second book.

Crown Duel (Crown & Court, #1/2) - Sherwood Smith - Sherwood Smith was another one of the authors in the Indie fantasy Storybundle. I wasn't interested in the book in the bundle, but this one caught my eye as I was researching her other works.

Digital Divide - K.B. Spangler - A mystery/thriller starring a cyborg. I was intrigued.

Fox's Bride - A. E. Marling - This was actually the book that brought this entire series to my attention. That fox is adorable. Anyway, I had mixed feelings about the first book, but decided I was willing to give the second book a try. It helped that 1) I tried the excerpt and the Lord of the Feast was there right from the start, and 2) a reviewer whose opinions I trust liked the second book more than the first.