LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 63/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

April 2015 Reviews

This wasn't a very productive month for me, as far as reading and reviewing goes. I probably did more TV watching than reading. I blame the grueling self-evaluation period at work (which is still going on, OMG) and the horrific weather.

The best thing I read and reviewed this month:

Yukikaze - Chohei Kambayashi,Neil Nadelman - It was very good, and got one of my rare 5-star ratings. Unfortunately, the sequel isn't working out nearly as well for me so far.

The best thing I watched and reviewed:

Eh...not sure. Maybe a tie between Fated to Love You and Much Ado About Nothing?

We'll see if I can finish and review more in May. I seem to be on a TV kick right now, though. At the moment, I'm watching The Moon Embracing the Sun, a historical-ish K-drama. Deadly political maneuvering and adorable romance, as long as you can deal with the age of the protagonists in the first few episodes. The heroine is 13, the Crown Prince who falls in love with her is 15, and the Crown Prince's illegitimate brother, who also loves the heroine, is 17. I'm at episode 5 now, and I suspect a "X number of years later" time jump is coming up soon.