LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Haunting of Hill House
Progress: 179/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

April 2015 Reviews

This wasn't a very productive month for me, as far as reading and reviewing goes. I probably did more TV watching than reading. I blame the grueling self-evaluation period at work (which is still going on, OMG) and the horrific weather.

The best thing I read and reviewed this month:

Yukikaze - Chohei Kambayashi,Neil Nadelman - It was very good, and got one of my rare 5-star ratings. Unfortunately, the sequel isn't working out nearly as well for me so far.

The best thing I watched and reviewed:

Eh...not sure. Maybe a tie between Fated to Love You and Much Ado About Nothing?

We'll see if I can finish and review more in May. I seem to be on a TV kick right now, though. At the moment, I'm watching The Moon Embracing the Sun, a historical-ish K-drama. Deadly political maneuvering and adorable romance, as long as you can deal with the age of the protagonists in the first few episodes. The heroine is 13, the Crown Prince who falls in love with her is 15, and the Crown Prince's illegitimate brother, who also loves the heroine, is 17. I'm at episode 5 now, and I suspect a "X number of years later" time jump is coming up soon.