LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

TBR Thursday

All I purchased in the past week was part of the Immerse or Die StoryBundle. Of that bunch, these are the ones I'm most interested in. Strangely enough, every single one of them must have had a cover redesign or two, because none of Booklikes' cover images match the cover images on the StoryBundle site.

Pay Me, Bug! - Christopher B. Wright - I might have bought this one a long time ago if Wright sold his stuff on Smashwords. One of its previous covers (not this one, and not the one on StoryBundle) caught my eye, because it looked like something out of a graphic novel.

The Improbable Rise of Singularity Girl - Bryce C. Anderson - I like the idea of a main character who decides she's going to leave her physical body behind and live as a virtual being.

Strictly Analog - Richard Levesque - This seems like a cross between a hard-boiled detective story and sci-fi. I'm iffy about it but willing to give it a go.

Crimson Son could be okay, although something about the excerpt read a little too young for my tastes. The excerpt for Mad Tinker's Daughter didn't work for me at all, but, who knows, maybe it gets better. I had a similar reaction to several of the bonus titles (I do not understand how Jefferson Smith lasted 40 minutes with Century of Sand), so I opted not to shell out a few extra dollars to get the whole set.

Anyway, this bundle still has a few hours left, so get it soon if it looks good to you!