LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

I came across this while searching "robot zombie unicorn"

Unicorn Western - Sean Platt, Johnny B. Truant

Description: Cast out from The Realm and into the desert of the Sands, Marshal Clint Gulliver and his unicorn Edward have finally found peace in the small and dusty town of Solace. For the first time since leaving The Realm, Clint has dared find peace, but when the town faces an approaching enemy, the gunslinger feels compelled to unholster his seven-shooters to face it... and the dark magic it brings with it.

Sometimes even terrible looking freebies can tempt me. Like this one. I don't even like Westerns (and, judging from the excerpt, that's maybe not a bad thing - fans of Westerns may weep).

"He could lose his hat, stubble, and anything else that made him a man, but along with his pistols, the gunslinger would be losing his unicorn. That was an itchy trigger finger’s worth of intolerable."

(And look, BL's blockquoting got an improvement! When did that happen?)