LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

An Extraordinary Union
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

TBR Thursday

I'm in a bit of a reading slump. So what do I do? I buy more books. ::sigh:: One thing I want, but haven't ordered yet (and probably won't until there's a Yen Press sale at Right Stuf), is Yen Press's release of the first volume of Kaoru Mori's Emma.

Anyway, here are my latest book selections: 3 e-books, 1 print book.

Bryony And Roses - T. Kingfisher - I'm so behind on T. Kingfisher's stuff, but I wanted to have this on hand anyway. Nine Goblins won me over that completely. Plus, this is a "Beauty and the Beast" retelling, and I tend to be drawn to those.

A Key, an Egg, an Unfortunate Remark - Harry Connolly - I don't read much urban fantasy anymore, but this had a few aspects that appealed to me. One, it's a standalone. Two, Marley, the heroine, sounds awesome. She's older than the average female urban fantasy protag, and she's a pacifist. Three, I read some of the excerpt, and Marley won me over when her nephew came to ask her for a love potion and she was all "You mean a rape spell? Because that's what love potions are."

Tiffany Girl: A Novel - Deeanne Gist - I rely on Wendy the Super Librarian for my Christian romance recommendations, and Deeanne Gist is one of two authors I tried and loved after reading her reviews.

The Dark Wife - Sarah Diemer - A f/f retelling of the Persephone and Hades myth. Based on what I read in the excerpt, it doesn't seem like there's going to be much emotional depth (Persephone goes from "I love Charis, what Zeus did to her is horrifying and awful" to "Hades is enchanting" awfully quickly). Even so, the premise grabbed me.