LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 63/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

May 2015 reviews

I managed to review a few more things this month than last month, but I still feel like I'm dragging. I tried using manga to break myself out of whatever this funk is. I don't think it worked - I keep turning to TV instead of books.

Anyway, this month I reviewed 3 books, 2 manga volumes, 1 short story collection, 4 movies, and 1 TV series.

The best things I read and reviewed:

The best things I watched and reviewed:

• Coraline (movie) - 3.5-stars. Based on Neil Gaiman's book of the same title.
  • Maoyu (anime TV series) - 3 stars. Yes, I know 3 stars is pushing it, but I watched some awful TV in May. I'd probably have liked this one more if I hadn't already seen and loved Spice & Wolf, which did a lot of the same things this series did, only better.

Grim, don't let the DVD art fool you, Robot Revolution is a terrible movie. It has a grand total of two visible robots, none of which look like the one in the artwork, and the bulk of it is more like a very boring zombie movie.