LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Friday Society
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

A new BookLikes feature

ETA: If you're not able to see the full list of emojis, clear your cache. I did, and my broken list fixed itself.

Nifty, I caught another new BookLikes feature. It looks like they're still working out the kinks, though.

They seem to be going Facebook-y on us, adding the option to note how you feel about a particular post you're writing. At the moment, the dropdown appears to be broken (at least on Firefox - I haven't tried other browsers), so most of the emoticons/feelings are hidden.

I feel neutral about this (heh). Since my posts themselves generally say how I feel about something, I'm not sure that adding an emoticon for how I feel would be very worthwhile, although some may appreciate the change more.

A few changes I'd still really like to see:

• The ability to export, at the very least, your shelves. Two years ago, BL said they'd add this, and they still haven't gotten around to it.
  • I would like the different genres on the Explore page to only show reviews of books in those genres. At the moment, those sections appear to still be based on the genres that BL users have indicated they read - not very useful.
  • Printer-friendly versions of the reading lists.