LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

TBR Thursday

I held back during the Carina Press sale, so I didn't end up buying as much as I could have. Although, when I applied the coupon code and saw the total price of the few I did buy, I did have a twinge of "maybe I should buy the second books of series, even if I haven't read the first yet." Carina's prices are already cheap, and 55% off made them ridiculously so.

Timeless Innocents - Janis Susan May

Lure of the Mummy - Janis Susan May

Inheritance of Shadows - Janis Susan May

I bought all three of these because I really liked The Hollow House, the book the author wrote as Janis Patterson. Reviews indicated that these stories weren't always very scary, which I don't really mind - I'm more than happy with just creepy, so we'll see if these deliver.

Carina had one other book by Janis Patterson, Beaded to Death, which I opted not to get. The sample wasn't exactly bad, but it seemed incredibly bland.

Grounds to Kill - Wendy Roberts - I'm iffy about the premise (mysteries with paranormal aspects aren't usually my thing), but the sample appealed to me.

Game - Barry Lyga - I enjoyed I Hunt Killers, so when I saw this in the bargain bin, I snatched it up.