LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 4/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Progress: 448/553 pages
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Reading progress update: I've listened to 1 out of 10 discs.

Raising Steam - Stephen Briggs, Terry Pratchett

I'm so behind on reviews. All I did over the weekend was play a computer game for hours and watch the first tragic couple episodes of a K-drama I'm not sure is worth continuing. (The K-drama is Gu Family Book. If anyone knows this one, does it become less brutal and depressing? I think this is the first K-drama I've ever seen with rape in it. That is one "first" I could have done without.)

Anyway, I haven't written a review for Unseen Academicals yet, and who knows when/if I'll get around to it. I do know that it's not really one of the better Discworld books I've read/listened to, but that I still liked it better than the Rincewind books. That said, the Discworld feels like a good place to be right now, so I'm listening to yet another Discworld book I've never read, Raising Steam. Stephen Briggs' voice + Terry Pratchett's writing makes me happy.