Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Making Arrangements
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

June 2015 reviews

— feeling frankenstein

I watched a lot of TV this month and could hardly bring myself to review any of it. The end result was both a small number of books read and a small number of reviews written.

From left to right, top to bottom:

The Adventures of Snuffy The Cat - Julie Moody, Mr Clarence A Barrows - This needed a lot more work prior to publication.

The Moon Embracing the Sun (live action TV series), via Netflix - Although this didn't turn out to be the series I was expecting after reading Netflix's description, it still kept me hooked. The last episode was brutal, though. (Best show reviewed this month.)

Cold Sleep - Douglas W. Dlin,Nanao Saikawa,Narise Konohara - The last of the three stories packed a punch in a way that was completely and utterly wrong for what I'm pretty sure was intended to be a romance. I never thought I'd have to say this, but it's not romantic when one half of a couple briefly contemplates murder-suicide.

Murder in Mystic Cove - Daryl Anderson - I went into this thinking it was a cozy mystery and was seriously put off by its often grim and cynical tone.

Not Love But Delicious Foods Make Me So Happy! - William Flanagan,Fumi Yoshinaga - Meh. The food illustrations could have been better, and there are only so many times characters can say "This is so good!" before it gets old. I'd love to visit some of the restaurants, but I live a whole ocean away and can't speak the language. (Best thing read and reviewed this month.)

Jurassic World (live action movie) - at the movie theater - I found the dino-on-dino violence to be more upsetting than I expected.