LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Ann Leckie - "A Brief Note About the Audio Versions of the Ancillary Books"

Bet you thought I'd gotten over my "all things Imperial Radch" glom, hadn't you? Ugh, I wish, because the wait for Book 3 is painful. I'm worried that I'm setting myself up for massive disappointment. Could any book live up to the hopes that I have for Ancillary Mercy?

Anyway, I've been seriously considering signing up for Audible, because none of the people in charge of buying stuff for my library seem interested in getting audiobook versions of either one of the Ancillary books. My personal preference, after listening to the audio samples: Adjoa Andoh is far nicer to listen to than Celeste Ciulla. The only reason I'd consider listening to Ciulla's version of Ancillary Justice is because she had Leckie's input on pronunciations and Andoh didn't, according to Leckie's blog post.