LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

TBR Thursday

This has been a stressful month for me, and next month will probably be the same. I need to sit down and plan a vacation, but it's looking like I won't have time for one until at least November.

My stress has led to shopping. I haven't added too much to my TBR this week, but I still have a few things from Audible's big sale that I'm considering, plus that bundle I've been eyeing for the past couple weeks.

Here are my audiobook purchases:

The Android's Dream - John Scalzi,Wil Wheaton  The Fifth Season: The Broken Earth, Book 1 - N. K. Jemisin,Robin Miles

The Android's Dream - John Scalzi,Wil Wheaton - I enjoyed the one book by Scalzi that I've read, and Wheaton's narration in the sample sounded good.

The Fifth Season: The Broken Earth, Book 1 - N. K. Jemisin,Robin Miles - This was the book that made me realize Audible was having a big sale. I stumbled across this because I've been considering pre-ordering Nnedi Okorafor's Binti. There's no sample yet, but Miles is the narrator, so I went looking for other things she narrated. I liked her voice, and I've been wanting to read something by Jemisin for a while.

Now for the paper books. These arrived a few days ago:

Sorcerer to the Crown - Zen Cho  The Complete Elfquest Volume 1 - Wendy Pini,Rick Pini

Sorcerer to the Crown - Zen Cho - I may read this right after I finish The Martian, assuming it's not already Ancillary Mercy time by then.

The Complete Elfquest Volume 1 - Wendy Pini,Rick Pini - A blast from my past. This was one of the first non-superhero comics I ever fell in love with. I was obsessed with this series. My sister and I even invented our own elven characters. Anyway, I didn't bother to check the measurements when I ordered this, so the hugeness of the volume came as a surprise. It's a brick. On the one hand, yay, lots of story! On the other hand, its size will make for some awkward reading. Flipping through it gave me a great sense of nostalgia, although it also felt a little weird. My first exposure to this series was via the color editions, so my brain kept trying to fill in the black-and-white pages with the color I remembered.