LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Lying in Wait
Peter Godfrey-Smith
Progress: 41/255 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

I wish I were spending the weekend reading my book

Ancillary Mercy came out on October 6th. Amazon tells me that the copy I preordered is FINALLY shipping today. Granted, I chose the free shipping option, but I hadn't thought they'd wait until a few days after it came out to send it.

Next time I really really want to read a book right when it comes out, I think I'm going to get it via my local entertainment store. The store is guaranteed to never have what I want in stock (for example, no Ancillary Mercy, or I'd probably have broken down and bought it despite my preorder), and their prices are almost always higher than Amazon, but I'd probably already have my book if I had special ordered it from them.

Whining aside, I suppose this is giving me time to feverishly work on my presentation. I had a dream that it was time to present, and no one showed up because all the other sessions going on at the same time were more interesting. I still don't know how I feel about that.