LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Dark Victorian: Risen Volume One
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

TBR Thursday*

* Technically my Friday. Oops.

Some Things Transcend (Princes' Game Book 2) - M.C.A. Hogarth  The Goblin Emperor - Katherine Addison  Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel - Jeffrey Cranor,Joseph Fink

Some Things Transcend (Princes' Game Book 2) - M.C.A. Hogarth - I bought this to fill in one of my M.C.A. Hogarth backlist gaps. I considered filling in other gaps, but most of those were outside her Pelted Universe, so I was concerned they wouldn't work as well for me. If she ever announces she's going Amazon-only, I'll swoop in, shell out the money to fill in all those gaps in my collection, and worry about it all later. For now, I can wait.

This book features a couple of my favorite characters in her Pelted Universe, Jahir and Vasiht'h. Based on some excerpts, I'm not entirely sure I'll like the direction she decided to go with them, but I love the characters enough to risk it. Crossing my fingers.

The Goblin Emperor - Katherine Addison - At some point, Kobo set up their product pages so you could see whether a particular e-book would have DRM or not. Nifty. I still don't entirely trust them, after that one e-book I bought turned out to be a completely different e-book that their website said they didn't even have, but still. I was excited enough that I bought something outside my usual DRM-free small press and self-pub niche.

Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel - Jeffrey Cranor,Joseph Fink - Lookit what I got in the mail! It's probably not coming with me on my trip, but it'll be waiting for me when I get back.

Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson - Lyndsay Faye,Simon Vance - This was an Audible Daily Deal. Simon Vance + Sherlock Holmes seemed like a good buy.