LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Haunting of Hill House
Progress: 179/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

October 2015 Reviews

I reviewed 10 things in October, which made for an awkward collage. Ann Leckie's books were heavily featured. I was going to try to make sure the three Imperial Radch covers weren't touching each other, until I remembered that the trilogy covers were all pieces of the same painting and were meant to fit together. And so I did that instead.

Best things I reviewed this month:

- Ancillary Sword - Ann Leckie,Adjoa Andoh  and Ancillary Mercy - Ann Leckie  - Ancillary Sword was on August's list too...

- The Martian - Andy Weir  - Filled to the brim with science and nearly deadly disasters!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part Two, Episodes 14-26 (anime TV series) - This is my second attempt at getting through this anime, but my first time actually making it past the stuff that was covered in the original TV series. I enjoyed this boxed set a lot.

Honorable mentions:

K (anime TV series) - I wanted more out of this series' characters, and so it never really grabbed me as much as I hoped it would. Still, it was nice to look at, and it would be nice to see the sequel movie and sequel anime one day.

Goong (live action TV series) - The first 14 or so episodes were super addictive. Then I realized that the main characters kept taking one step forward and one or two steps back. I wish they had become a better couple before the last episode.

All right, now off to try and make myself sleep. I'll be keeping up with everyone's posts as much as possible, and commenting, but I don't know that I'll be writing any posts of my own for a while. I won't have much access to a computer, and writing posts on my tablet is annoying.