LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Lying in Wait
Peter Godfrey-Smith
Progress: 41/255 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

The Reading Room: "Who is your author BFF?"

According to this, mine is Haruki Murakami:

"You are a diligent worker who takes friendship very seriously and you have a distaste for pseudo-work-friendships. Murakami is a self-proclaimed loner, but he loves his close friends. The two of you like to stray from the norm and transcend what is expected of you. While you come off as mysterious, and your thoughts can be surreal, you are always genuine. Murakami loves music, especially Jazz and classical, so whether you like it or not, you would definitely be dragged to a number of live shows. As dreamers with a deep understanding of history, politics, and literature, the two of you would flip-flop between intellectual debates and creating fragmented stories and whimsical situations for a variety of characters (probably based off you own experiences.) Murakami is a runner too—get ready to run a marathon!  "

Murakami's been on my TBR for maybe a decade now. I tried one of his books once (The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, I think?) and ended up abandoning it fairly early on, with the thought that maybe I'd try a different one at a later time.