LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

An Extraordinary Union
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 150 out of 295 pages.

Champion of the Rose - Andrea K. Höst

I haven't touched this book since my last status update back in August, which means I haven't touched my Nook Simple Touch either. I decided it was time to either quit reading this or to finish it. The decision would have been easier if I hadn't been almost halfway through it.

I opted to continue on, because I own the next book and because I couldn't face the thought re-attempting this book in the future and rereading what I'd already read. Because, to be honest, it's been unpleasant. Host's writing is pretty good, and the world is interesting, but I loathe the tense and confused relationship between Soren and Strake. I know from reviews that it eventually blossoms into romance, and I'm really not looking forward to that.

I remember reading somewhere that this was not the best book of Host's to start with. I hope that's true, since I own other works of hers that I bought when they were about a dollar each. The unfortunate thing about e-books is that you can't offload them at used bookstores or give them to libraries. And deleting something I paid for, unread, seems like a waste. I hope I can get through the rest of this book fairly quickly, and I hope that I like Host's other books more.