LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Dark Victorian: Risen Volume One
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Cover artwork thoughts

A Beautiful Friendship - David Weber

I stumbled across the full cover painting while looking for pictures of the treecats - the audiobook version cuts off the bottom, and the regular book cover has enough text on it that I initially didn't catch some things. Like Stephanie's outfit, which makes me want to headdesk. Why is she wearing a short skirt/dress? I mean, I do think the artwork is pretty, and I'm glad that the 12-year-old character isn't flashing cleavage. Are pants too much to ask in addition to all that?

Also, this one bugs me less, but Stephanie looks surprisingly good for someone who, at the time, had a badly broken arm, a few broken ribs, and an assortment of other injuries. Unless the cover is depicting a part I haven't gotten to yet, I think it's showing the scene with Climbs Quickly and Stephanie after Stephanie crash landed.