LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

A Rational Arrangement
Progress: 448/553 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz (vol. 3) story by QuinRose, art by Mamenosuke Fujimaru, translated by Angela Liu

Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 3 - QuinRose, Mamenosuke Fujimaru, Angela Liu

Boris continues to come on too strong (it's like a broken record, I know), worried that he might lose Alice to Peter or to her old world. He finally learns, from Nightmare, what ties Peter and Alice together – Peter is

Alice's “Sunday afternoon,” although she doesn't remember it.

(show spoiler)

Alice struggles with her embarrassment at physical displays of affection and finally sets some ground rules they can both be reasonably comfortable with. No PDA except maybe hand-holding, and in private they'll play it by ear.

Gah, Boris is so jealous all the time. I hate that, even though his fear that Alice might leave is legit. He may be good-looking and all (despite his ridiculous outfit – the zipper placement makes me laugh), but he needs to take a step back and maybe talk to Alice about the stuff that's worrying him.

The revelation about Peter confused me. How is he

Alice's “Sunday afternoon”? Is he the personification of that time, or is this just QuinRose's way of saying that he was there during Alice's pleasant Sunday afternoon and therefore a part of that time?

(show spoiler)

At any rate, Peter makes me sad. In so many of the subseries, this one included, he wants Alice to be happy and has to come to the realization that he has to stand back and let Alice be with someone else. Poor, annoying, violent bunny.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)