LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Land of the Lustrous 2
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Black Butler (vol. 17) by Yana Toboso, translated by Tomo Kimura

Black Butler, Vol. 17 - Tomo Kimura, Yana Toboso

Ciel and Blue House manage to win by using some dirty tactics (including one that was just plain cheating, but only Ciel and Sebastian knew the specifics). Sebastian tries to confront the Headmaster, but the man keeps escaping, indicating that he must have some sort of supernatural skills. Ciel gets an invite to the “Midnight Tea Party” and

finally sees Derrick Arden – Derrick has become a flesh-eating zombie like the ones in volume 12. And the Headmaster has been replaced by the Undertaker (who I had actually completely forgotten about).

(show spoiler)

This volume's bonus: Black Dispatch.

This volume was incredibly sports manga-ish, complete with over-the-top imagery, including two Excalibur references. I was surprised that Ciel cheated so little during the game. Bravo, I guess?

The author's note comic at the end was nice. Toboso discussed researching cricket, including asking the CEO of the Japan Cricket Association for a list of dirty cricket tactics. I'm sure that was a fun convo.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)