LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Edge of the Abyss
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Best of 2015

[This is the BookLikes version of what I posted on my blog. All images and book, short work, and audiobook links go to BookLikes pages. Everything else links to my Blogger blog.]

As far as the stuff I read goes, my "best" lists include things I gave 5 and 4.5 stars to, although I'll include some lower starred honorable mentions that, for one reason or another, I still feel good about.

As far as the stuff I watched goes, my "best" lists will be based on gut feeling. Like I said in my "2015 in numbers" post, I barely kept any stats. I hope to change that in 2016.

Best Books:

Yukikaze - Chohei Kambayashi,Neil Nadelman  Ancillary Justice - Ann Leckie  Ancillary Sword - Ann Leckie

Ancillary Mercy - Ann Leckie  The Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Wind - Fuyumi Ono,小野 不由美,Akihiro Yamada,山田 章博,Alexander O. Smith,Elye J. Alexander  Radiance - Grace Draven

Honorable Mention:

The Martian - Andy Weir

Best Shorter Works (Novellas and Short Stories)

The Legend of the Morning Star - Elizabeth McCoy

Honorable Mention:

Toad Words and Other Stories - T. Kingfisher

Best Graphic Novels (Manga, etc.):

A series is listed if one or more volumes got 4.5 or 5 stars. This may not mean that I think the whole series is that good, but I'm listing them by series anyway, because I am lazy. It actually worked out pretty well - the only one on the list I feel iffy about is Circus and Liar's Game.

Best Audiobooks:

Going Postal (Discworld, #33) - Terry Pratchett,Stephen Briggs  Ancillary Sword - Ann Leckie,Adjoa Andoh  Ancillary Mercy - Adjoa Andoh,Ann Leckie

Honorable Mentions:

14 (Audiocd) - Peter Clines,Ray Porter  Emperor Mollusk Versus the Sinister Brain - A. Lee Martinez  The Twelve Clues of Christmas: A Royal Spyness Mystery - Katherine Kellgren,Rhys Bowen

Best Movies: