LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

December 2015 reviews

I almost forgot about my December 2015 collage. It's...a little crammed. If I counted correctly, I reviewed more things in December than in the previous 8 months combined. Most of it was post-vacation catch-up. Since the pics are so tiny, here are a few favorites.

Favorite Book Cover:

Champion of the Rose - Andrea K. Höst

My love for this cover was a big part of the reason why this was the first book by this author that I tried. Unfortunately, the book itself was almost painful to get through. (ETA: I just figured out that this cover art was created by Julie Dillon, one of my favorite artists. No wonder it caught my eye!)

Favorite Graphic Novel (Manga, etc.) Covers:

Black Butler, Vol. 15 (Black Butler, #15) - Tomo Kimura,Yana Toboso  Milkyway Hitchhiking, Vol. 1 - HyeYoung Im,Sirial  Chi's Sweet Home, Vol. 11 - Kanata Konami,Ed Chavez

I love Sebastian dressed up as housemaster, the cover for Milkyway Hitchhiking makes me think of a children's book, and annoyed Chi is adorable (actually, any kind of Chi is adorable).