LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

A Rational Arrangement
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

CueCat, 313 books later

I should have gotten a CueCat ages ago.

On the plus side, I've had plenty of time over the past two and a half years to get a feel for how LibraryThing works and how I'd like to use the collections, tags, and other ways of recording info. It made figuring out what info I wanted to add in batch a snap.

I spent this evening working on a couple smaller book storage areas in my apartment. Just in those areas, I was able to discover two accidental duplicate purchases and one volume I had already reviewed in the past. I also learned that older Tokyopop volumes have crappy back-of-the-book barcodes - every single one of them brings up Tokyo Mew Mew Volume 1 instead of whatever the volume actually is. Fortunately, the barcodes inside the volumes were better.

I still have a long way to go before I'm done, but it'll be interesting to see how many more duplicates I find. After that, I'm going to try to figure out how many incomplete manga series I own, so I can decide which ones to offload and which ones to add to my "fill in the gaps" shopping list.