LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 63/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Progress: 448/553 pages
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 88 out of 273 pages.

The Abyss Surrounds Us - Emily Skrutskie

I really, really wish that the author hadn't chosen to write this in first person present tense. It's really not working well for me. That said, I'm loving the Reckoner training stuff. I ♥ baby Bao.

I checked the author's site to see what else, if anything, she has either published or has on the horizon. There's a sequel for this book scheduled to be released in 2017, and then there's this, which I guess is one of those "manuscripts sitting in a desk drawer" things:

"Salvage: My first lil’ book. A teenage space pirate, along with her insecure and uncooperative ship’s computer, sets out to recover a massive lost treasure ship, the one bargaining chip in the galaxy large enough to win her amnesty. (Complete since 2009)" - http://skrutskie.com/writing

"Insecure and uncooperative ship's computer"? You guys, I want this book. Too bad it hasn't been published. ::sob::