LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Daughter of Mystery
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 251/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 20/42 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Nearly done with a comfort re-listen

Ancillary Mercy - Adjoa Andoh, Ann Leckie

I didn't quite feel up to starting something new-to-me after finishing Ex-Heroes, and then there was added work stress in the form of a committee I suspect I was put on more because of workplace politics than anything. I decided it was time for a comfort listen, and hey, it's only been four months since the last time I listened to Ancillary Mercy.

I'm a couple hours away from finishing it, and I was right, it really does work as a comfort read/listen. It has everything I need right now:

- Although there are parts that still make my chest tight, none of the characters I love die.

- The little moments that mean a lot, like when one character offers another tea at a particular moment, or in a particular way.

- Just about anything and everything to do with the characters, even those times when Seivarden is an enormous flawed mess.

- Adjoa Andoh voicing Breq. I'm fond of her voices for several of the other characters, but she's perfect as Breq.