LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Caves of Steel
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 251/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Helen S. Wright
Progress: 101/277 pages
Raynard C. Swank
Progress: 20/42 pages

TBR Thursday, or, This is why my TBR is monstrous and deathless (Part 1)

[The lag has been horrible today! If you all actually get to see this post, it's because I was both patient and lucky.

...A few minutes later...

I'm going to have to do this in at least a couple parts, because the "add book links" feature has stopped working for some reason. Booklikes is not cooperating with me tonight.]

This post will be including two weeks worth of stuff, because I forgot to write a TBR Thursday post last week, but, to be honest, I picked up most of the stuff in this post this week. I think I'll handle this in sections.

First, the "I'm helping a fundraiser!" purchases. One of the groups on campus had a used book sale, which I of course had to check out. Here's what I got:

In Fury Born - David Weber  Greenthieves - Alan Dean Foster

In Fury Born - David Weber - The back of the book mentions a "self-aware computer." Here's hoping it's a prominent character.

Greenthieves - Alan Dean Foster - A whodunnit with robots.

Next, the freebies:

The Persistence of Memory - Jordan Castillo Price  A Matter of Oaths - Helen S. Wright

The Persistence of Memory - Jordan Castillo Price - This can still be downloaded for free: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/416666

A Matter of Oaths - Helen S. Wright - Available for free on the author's site. Remember that "obscure SFF book recs" storify I linked to a while back? This is from that list.

This next bunch came from an ill-advised trip to my local entertainment store. I discovered that they had several things I was interested in on sale:

I Am Alice: Body Swap in Wonderland Vol. 1 - Ayumi Kanou  I Am Alice: Body Swap in Wonderland Vol. 2 - Ayumi Kanou  I Am Alice: Body Swap in Wonderland Vol. 3 - Ayumi Kanou

I Am Alice: Body Swap in Wonderland Vol. 1 - Ayumi Kanou - I added cover art to the first one but for some reason couldn't get that cover art to display here, even though it worked just fine for volume 2, which was also originally missing its cover art. Anyway, the primary attraction of this series was the artwork and that it's only 3 volumes long. I have a feeling it's destined to be donated to my library.

By QuinRose Alice in the Country of Clover: Knight's Knowledge Vol. 1 - QuinRose  Alice in the Country of Hearts: The Mad Hatter's Late Night Tea Party, Vol. 01 - QuinRose,Riko Sakura  Alice Love Fables: Toy Box - QuinRose,Mamenosuke Fujimaru

Alice in the Country of Clover: Bloody Twins - QuinRose,Mamenosuke Fujimaru  Alice in the Country of Diamonds: Bet On My Heart - Sana Shirakawa,Nana Fumitsuki

The Alice in the Country of stuff is neverending. Seriously, I thought I'd read most of it while I was on vacation, but I haven't even heard of a few of these. I hope they'll at least be so-so, but I figure they're probably destined to be donated to my library as well.

The one I'm really excited about is this one:

Alice in the Country of Diamonds: Bet On My Heart - Sana Shirakawa,Nana Fumitsuki  - On the shelf, it looked like a very thick Alice in the Country of manga volume, but when I flipped through it I realized that it was actually a novel. I had no idea that there was an Alice in the Country of novel and that it had been licensed. Crossing my fingers that it's one of the better entries in the franchise.

The Crown Tower - Michael J. Sullivan  The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie - Jennifer Ashley

The Crown Tower - Michael J. Sullivan - I already have this one in audio form, so now I get to decide whether to read it or listen to it first. From my understanding, it's a series prequel, so I hope it works okay for newbies to the series.

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie - Jennifer Ashley - I've been hunting for this one in used bookstores for a while.