LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Fall Into Darkness
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've listened 352 out of 596 minutes.

Midnight Riot - Ben Aaronovitch, Kobna Holdbrook-Smith

I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that Kobna Holdbrook-Smith, the narrator, was either a little sick or suffering from allergies during the recording of the first couple hours or so of this book. His ability to breathe and speak has improved*, though, and now I'm debating getting another audiobook in this series. The problem: I didn't really like the second book, Moon Over Soho, and I'm not sure whether I'd like my first time through Whispers Underground to be via audio.

* - It's not like the problem was ever that bad to begin with, but it was noticeable. I feel a bit weird about focusing on a narrator's breathing so much, but hey, I've rejected audiobooks because the narrator had a slight lisp, or emphasized words strangely, or any number of other nitpicky-feeling reasons. Breathing is part of the package too, I guess.