LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Who?
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Kodansha licensing announcements

The ones I'm interested in:

• The Attack on Titan stuff (Vertical's going to be putting out another novel?)
  • Cells at Work! - This one could get old fast, but I like the idea of a manga starring anthropomorphized cells dealing with bacteria, viruses, and more.
  • Welcome to the Ballroom - A shonen battle manga featuring ballroom dancing.

The iffy ones:

• The Prince in His Dark Days - I love the cover art, but the premise makes me wary. A poor girl whose father is a drunk and who makes ends meet by conning perverts out of their money meets a rich boy who looks exactly like her. She agrees to live his public life for him.
  • That Wolf-Boy Is Mine! - The cover is pretty but generic, and the premise sounds blah. This one caught my eye because of the "in the vein of Fruits Basket" bit, so I'd like to at least keep an eye out for reviews from my favorite manga bloggers.

While reading that, I stumbled across news that Vertical will be trying out something new: light novel audiobooks. They're starting with Kizumonogatari (read by Erik Kimerer, Keith Silverstein, and Cristina Vee) and Attack on Titan: The Harsh Mistress of the City (read by Keith Silverstein and Erica Lindbeck). I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude. I'm unfamiliar with the narrators, and Keith Silverstein was the only one who came up in my Audible searches.