LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've listened 34 out of 725 minutes.

Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases - Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses

I thought this might be interesting listening in light of the weird route that resulted in me eventually being diagnosed with Hep C. It's meant to help people understand how doctors think and what they're doing when you tell them how you feel, answer their questions, etc.

The first case involved a woman who started off by saying "I never feel good." It was fascinating and highlighted the differences in the way I immediately thought about her list of symptoms ("OMG that sounds like cancer, is it cancer?") and how a doctor would think about them. One thing I have already realized, however, is that I can't listen to this all in one go - I get too anxious. So I think I'm going to alternate between this and Jurassic Park.